Ever just surprised by how few of us members of the church actually believe what Jesus taught?
A lot of examples, but this is one from The Doctrine of Christ Study Guide:
“Come unto Him, Christ”
- (1 Nephi 10:18-19) “…if it so be that they repent and come unto him. For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them”
- (2 Nephi 28:32; 26:33) “…I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and come unto me…and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female”
- (Jacob 1:7) “…that we might persuade them to come unto Christ, and partake of the goodness of God, that they might enter into his rest”
- (Alma 5:33-34) “…Repent, and I will receive you. Yea, he saith: Come unto me and ye shall partake of the fruit of the tree of life”
- (3 Nephi 9:14, 20-22) “…if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me…whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit…whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God.”
- (3 Nephi 12:19-20, 23-24) “…repent of your sins, and come unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit…come unto me and be ye saved…if ye shall come unto me, or shall desire to come unto me, and rememberest that thy brother hath faught against thee—Go thy way unto thy brother, and first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I will receive you.”
- (D&C 10:67-68; 93:1) “whosoever repenteth and cometh unto me, the same is my church…every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am”
Why Don’t We Believe?
There is an entire section dedicated to this question in The Doctrine of Christ Study Guide but I would sincerely be interested in your thoughts.
JourneyDoctrineOfChrist.org is based on complimentary, online Study Guides to help you learn, believe, live and teach the Doctrine of Christ. The Study Guides invite any and all to see and know this truth for themselves that the Savior, Jesus Christ, has in fact introduced His doctrine and He personally invites all to literally receive Him while in the flesh (mortality).
Blog posts are intended to supplement the Study Guides. Per all blog posts, seek the understanding and confirmations from the Lord in your own personal revelation. Study guides are intended to point you to both the Lord’s written word and His voice (personal revelation). These study guides will help you uncover what the Doctrine of Christ is and other essential topics that will help you in your journey to come into His presence while in mortality. All study guides are available at http://www.JourneyDoctrineOfChrist.org