The true “covenant path” is the doctrine of Christ. For months, I have been trying to fulfill an assignment. The purpose of this assignment is to help others see the doctrine of Christ within the Book of Mormon. It is not mentioned once, twice, or a few times but rather it is found throughout the Book of Mormon. As a matter of fact, so far, from the beginning of the Book of Mormon, the doctrine of Christ has been unveiled within the Book of Mormon through 20 named servants, 9 books, and 40 posts.
All blog posts are only intended to be supplements to the study guides and specifically The Doctrine of Christ Study Guide. For this reason, I invite you first to study that particular study guide. Then feel free to make the Book of Mormon your personal study and consider these posts to help you further learn, believe, live and teach the doctrine of Christ. When you understand what the doctrine of Christ is you will see that it is made plain everywhere throughout the Book of Mormon. The learning the doctrine of Christ is even the 2nd of 3 primary purposes of the Book of Mormon.
This project starts with the Lord’s own witness, words and teachings of His doctrine in the Book of Mormon laid out in a 5-part series:
- The Covenant Path Unveiled in the Book of Mormon – Part 1/5, What’s In a Name?
- The Covenant Path Unveiled in the Book of Mormon – Part 2/5, Getting to the Gate
- The Covenant Path Unveiled in the Book of Mormon – Part 3/5, The Real Change
- The Covenant Path Unveiled in the Book of Mormon – Part 4/5, Simple With a Warning
- The Covenant Path Unveiled in the Book of Mormon – Part 5/5, Which Path Are You On?
After that 5-part introductory series, I started from the beginning (1 Nephi) and am working my way through in mostly chronological order. Each blog post highlights the personal witness of the doctrine of Christ by a Book of Mormon prophet:
- Witness of Lehi & Nephi— “The Tree of Life” (1 Nephi 8-15)
- Witness of Lehi – “That they might have Joy” (2 Nephi 1-2)
- Witness of Nephi— Idolatry & “The Relationship” (2 Nephi 4)
- Witness of Jacob—The Words of Isaiah & Last Days Part One (2 Nephi 6-8) and Part Two (2 Nephi 9-11)
- Witness of Nephi—The Only Source You May Look For a Remission of Your Sins (2 Nephi 25)
- Witness of Nephi— Prophets & Priestcrafts (2 Nephi 26)
- Witness of Nephi— All Is Not Well In Zion (2 Nephi 28)
- Witness of Nephi— He Will Remember His Covenant (2 Nephi 29-30)
- Witness of Nephi—The Doctrine of Christ is Plain (2 Nephi 31-33)
- Witness of Jacob (Jacob 1-7)
- Witness of Enos
- Witness of Jarom, Omni & their posterity
- Witness of King Benjamin (Mosiah 2-6)
- Witness of Abinadi Part One (Mosiah 11-12) & Part Two (Mosiah 12-16)
- Witness of Alma (Mosiah 18-25)
- Witness of Alma the Younger to the church in Zarahemla (Alma 4-6)
- Witness of Alma the Younger to the church in Gideon & Melek (Alma 6-8)
- Witness of Alma the Younger & Amulek Part One (Alma 9-11) & Part Two (Alma 12-16)
- Witness of the Sons of Mosiah Part 1—Ammon in the Land of Ishmael (Alma 17-19)
- Witness of the Sons of Mosiah Part 2—Aaron, Muloki, Ammah, Ammon (Alma 20-21)
- Witness of the Sons of Mosiah Part 3—Ammon, Aaron, Omner, Himni (Alma 22-23)
- Witness of the Sons of Mosiah Part 4 (Alma 24-25)
- Witness of the Sons of Mosiah Part 5—Ammon & His Brethren (Alma 26-27)
- Witness of Alma the Younger—The Contrast Among Them (Alma 28-29)
- The Witness of Alma the Younger—Be Believing (Alma 30)
- The Witness of Alma the Younger—Pride (Alma 31)
- The Witness of Alma the Younger—A Seed Unto Everlasting Life (Alma 32)
- The Witness of Alma the Younger—A Standard of Truth (Alma 33)
- The Witness of Amulek—Work Out Your Own Salvation (Alma 34)
- The Witness of Alma the Younger to His Son, Helaman—Look to God and Live (Alma 35-37)
- The Witness of Alma the Younger to His Son, Shiblon—Endure to the End (Alma 38)
- The Witness of Alma the Younger to His Son, Corianton—Repent (Alma 39-42)
I also recommend learning the proper context for studying the Book of Mormon. I have laid it out as it was taught to me by the Lord in this post:
For more understanding of this covenant path and its milestones taught throughout the scriptures, you are welcome to begin your personal study and your own journey in and through the doctrine of Christ through The Doctrine of Christ Study Guide. Also, to help you increase your confidence in personal revelation and develop your own gift of discernment, I invite you to study The 3 Voices of Personal Revelation Study Guide.
JourneyDoctrineOfChrist.org is based on free, online study guides to help you learn, believe, live and teach the Doctrine of Christ. The Study Guides invite any and all to see and know this truth for themselves that the Savior, Jesus Christ, has, in fact, introduced His doctrine and He personally invites all to receive personal redemption and to even literally receive Him while in the flesh (mortality).
Blog posts are only intended to supplement the Study Guides. Per all blog posts, seek the understanding and confirmations from the Lord in your own personal revelation. Study guides are intended to point you to both the Lord’s written word and His voice (personal revelation). These study guides will help you uncover what the Doctrine of Christ is and other essential topics that will help you in your journey to literally “come unto Christ” while in mortality. All study guides are available at JourneyDoctrineOfChrist.org.